Thursday, February 21, 2008

Duma Key Psychic Strangeness

Shelly is reading Duma Key by Steven King. She says it starts out slow but gets pretty good. Since she has been reading that book a couple of odd things have happened. Our little white dog got a new squeaky toy, we like to name them because he will go get the one that you tell him to, like "Go get dragon." and most of the time he will bring you the right one. My daughter named the new one Pursey. It kind of freaked Shelly out because one of the characters in the book is named Pursey (not sure about the spelling but that doesn't matter). This morning at the kitchen table, I had a strange urge to draw a little tree, which I did. (kind of like the mashed potatoes mountain on Close Encounters of the third kind) Shelly saw it and asked "What's that?" I said "Oh just a futuristic tree that I had an urge to draw." She immediately started flipping through the pages of the book and showed me a little drawing from the book. It was a simplistic tree very much like the one I drew. Neither my daughter nor I had even looked in the book. Shelly hasn't finished it yet, I'm wondering what strangeness will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment