Showing posts with label Fredrick Toben. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Fredrick Toben. Show all posts

Monday, November 23, 2009

Dr Fredrick Töben released from prison, "unrepentant", "vows to continue his work demolishing the Holocaust lie"

"The days are numbered for the greatest lie in the history of mankind."



Dr Töben was released from prison at 8.00am, Thursday 12th November, after serving a three month sentence for Holocaust denial (re-branded as contempt of court). He is unbroken and unrepentant, and appears very refreshed and relaxed after his little holiday. He was welcomed home by his friends and supporters who held a celebratory dinner for him, on Thursday evening. During his speech on the night, he vowed to continue his work in demolishing the Holocaust lies

Adelaide Institute


Töben launches new website to battle Holocaust™ Mythology: http://www.toben.biz/

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Toben issues "apology", says he will "submit to censorship"



Written apology over holocaust denial

ABC News
April 28, 2009

A man who breached Federal Court orders to remove website material which denied the holocaust has issued a written apology.

Fredrick Toben, 65, was found guilty of 24 charges of contempt for breaching orders not to publish material vilifying Jewish people on his Adelaide Institute website.

At a hearing in Adelaide on the penalty he should receive, Toben said he would submit to censorship.

He provided a written apology through his lawyer.

The court heard Toben had previously said he would rather go to jail on principle than pay a fine.

But Toben told the court he unreservedly apologised for his breaches of court orders and would not withdraw his apology as he had in the past.

Judge Bruce Lander said it was clear Toben did not have the money to pay a fine or the legal costs of the senior member of Australia's Jewish community, Jeremy Jones, who instigated the proceedings.

But Judge Lander expressed concern Toben could breach the orders again if he felt he had been provoked.

The judge said Toben did not seem to understand that the case was not scrutinising his beliefs or determining whether the holocaust happened.

The court will impose a sentence later.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Holohoax denier Fredrick Toben found guilty of criminal contempt for continuing to publish "virulent anti-semitic material" on his website



By Tim Dornin
April 16, 2009 04:31pm
Herald Sun

HOLOCAUST revisionist Fredrick Toben has been found guilty of criminal contempt after defying orders to stop publishing racist material on his Adelaide Institute website.

In a judgment in the Federal Court today, Justice Bruce Lander said Dr Toben's conduct had been wilful and he had steadfastly refused to comply with the law.

"The courts have held, but his conduct shows he does not accept that the freedom of speech citizens of this country enjoy does not include the freedom to publish material calculated to offend, insult or humiliate or intimidate people because of their race, colour or national or ethnic origin," Justice Lander said.

"It is conduct that amounts to criminal contempt."

Dr Toben had pleaded not guilty to 28 counts of contempt arising from allegations from former president of the Executive Council of Australian Jewry, Jeremy Jones.

Mr Jones first lodged a complaint with the Human Rights and Equal Opportunities Commission in 1996 and later applied to the Federal Court to uphold its ruling, which it did in 2002.

But in hearings last year, counsel for Mr Jones, Robin Margo SC, told the court Dr Toben had defied its orders for six years.

Mr Margo said the Adelaide Institute website was still publishing, (in July 2008), "virulent anti-semitic material", including that there were no death gas chambers at the Auschwitz concentration camp and that the holocaust was "the world's filthiest blood libel".

He urged the court to fine Dr Toben, or impose a period of imprisonment if he could not pay.

[...]


Fredrick Toben's Adelaide Institute website

Friday, November 21, 2008

Fredrick Toben released from custody - officially wins extradition fight

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5199874.ece
Holocaust denier Fredrick Toben wins German extradition fightNovember 20, 2008The Holocaust denier, Frederick Toben, has been released from custody after the German government gave up its legal battle to extradite him from Britain. The controversial historian was arrested at Heathrow last month on a European arrest warrant accusing him of racism and anti-Semitism. German prosecutors were then forced to appeal to the High Court after a British Court refused to hand him over. Kevin Lowry-Mullins, Dr Toben's solicitor, confirmed today that the appeal had been withdrawn and he had signed a consent order with the German government to end the case. Mr Lowry-Mullins told The Times: "Dr Toben was released from custody yesterday. He's over the moon." Lawyers acting for the German government argued last month that Dr Toben, the founder and director of the revisionist Adelaide Institute, should be extradited to face trial for posting claims on the institute's website that there was no mass murder of Jews by the Nazis. But Westminster Magistrates Court district judge Daphne Wickham ruled that the warrant used to arrest the 64-year-old Australian as he travelled from America to Dubai on October 1 was "vague and imprecise". Dr Toben was unable to raise the £100,000 bail however, and remained in custody awaiting Germany's appeal at the High Court. Under Section 130 of the German criminal code, holocaust denial is illegal and offenders can face up to five years in jail, but the case caused unease in Britain where there is no such law. Attempts to extradite him were seen by many as an assault on free speech. Mr Lowry-Mullins said: "The offence is not made out in the UK. If Dr Toben had been extradited back to Germany for Holocaust denial, which does not exist as an offence in this country, then we would have found ourselves in a situation where hypothetically, the Iranian government could have asked for all the gay Iranian asylum seekers to be extradited back to Iran." Mr Lowry-Mullins said the German chief state prosecutor handling Dr Toben's case had been so confident of success at one point that he had bragged Dr Toben would be in Germany for Christmas. But the solicitor said that he believed the German government had been shaken by comments he had made outside court after the discharge hearing. "I said, 'We will go all the way to the House of Lords with this and let the House of Lords decide'. But when the draft extradition Act passed through the House of Lords in 2002, one of the questions was what would happen if someone was arrested on a European arrest warrant to be extradited to a country where Holocaust denial is an offence. "The response was, 'No, that will never happen'." Mr Lowry-Mullins confirmed that Dr Toben was still in England waiting for his passport to be returned to him. Dr Toben was previously convicted and jailed for nine months in Germany in 1999 after he claimed on the Adelaide Institute website that the Holocaust had been grossly exaggerated. In a disclaimer on the present day site, Dr Toben writes that anyone who questions the "Holocaust story/legend/myth...will face a world-wide group of enforcers who will use any means to destroy dissenting voices." He adds: "If you wish to begin to doubt the Holocaust narrative, you must be prepared for personal sacrifice, must be prepared for marriage and family break-up, loss of career, and go to prison. This is because Revisionists are, among other things, dismantling a massive multi-billion dollar industry that the Holocaust enforcers are defending."

Friday, November 7, 2008

Toben wins legal fight against extradition - <em>sort of</em> - judge restricts Toben's access to press and internet pending appeal

The alleged reason for dismissing the extradition case is that the "holocaust denial" charge was too vague because it didn't describe what specific website Toben posted his material, or where the material was published from. This technicality allowed the judge to not address the crux of the issue -- ie, whether Britain could extradite someone to a foreign country for prosecution for exercising their right to freedom of speech over the internet. If they could do this to Toben, then they could extradite ANYONE to Germany/Austria/etc who makes "holocaust denial" or "anti-semitic" postings on the internet.
Suspected Holocaust denier wins his legal fight against extradition after judge throws case out of courtBy Charlotte Gill30th October 2008An alleged Holocaust denier has won his fight against extradition to Germany. Dr Gerald Toben, 64, is accused of publishing anti-Semitic material on his website. The Australian academic is wanted in Germany to stand trial for posting the alleged items between 2000 and 2004. The German authorities claim they are 'of an anti-Semitic and/or revisionist nature'. In the European Arrest Warrant issued in October 2004, he is accused of approving of or playing down the murder of the Jews by the Nazis.But District Judge Daphne Wickham ruled the warrant invalid today at the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court in London, saying it contained inadequate detail about the offences. It neither states the name of the website nor where the propaganda is said to have been published from - only referring to the 'world-wide internet'.After discharging Toben, Judge Wickham granted him bail pending an appeal after imposing strict conditions which include a £100,000 security.Other conditions include residence at an approved address, written confirmation from the Australian High Commission of which passports he holds, and not to access the internet.He is also banned from giving press interviews. Judge Wickham added that she had not been required to decide at this stage whether the alleged crimes were valid extradition offences.[...]

Dr. Fredrick Toben Arrested in London for "holocaust denial"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/3126769/Holocaust-denier-Gerald-Toben-faces-extradition-to-Germany.html
'Holocaust denier' Gerald Toben faces extradition to Germany By Jessica Salter 03 Oct 2008Gerald Fredrick Toben, 64, was arrested at Heathrow at the request of German authorities for publishing "anti-Semitic and/or revisionist" material between 2000 and 2004. Holocaust denial is an offence in Germany where Dr Toben faces up to five years in prison if found guilty. The Australian citizen was arrested while travelling from America to Dubai under a European Arrest Warrant designed to fast-track extraditions. Dr Toben, appeared before City Westminster Magistrates' Court yesterday where he objected to the terms of the warrant, saying: "This is a legal ambush. It's not British law, where the individual still has freedoms." He claimed that he would not get a fair trial in Germany. He said: "As soon as I open my mouth they will prove I am guilty." [...]On his website he wrote: "If you wish to begin to doubt the Holocaust-Shoah narrative, you must be prepared for personal sacrifice, must be prepared for marriage and family break-up, loss of career, and go to prison."
--------------------------------------------------------------------Related Articles:Introduction to the Holocaust™ Hoax